Sunday, February 13, 2011

Turbo Jam

Turbo Jam is not available On Demand, but I did it twice this week - once because I felt like it and once because our O.D. was out (booooo Comcast).  I love it, though. I love Chalene Johnson, the inventor and lead trainer, I just LOVE IT.  I also love Turbo Sculpt, which is about as long as Turbo Jam (about 50 minutes) and is more of a weight lifting/sculpting video.

Turbo Jam is cut into sections, and there is a timer at the bottom which tells you how long you have left in the section, and how long you have left in the whole thing, which is fantastic.  Some of the O.D. workouts say how long you have left in the whole thing, but it can be daunting.  In this, even if you have 40 minutes left in the workout, you might have only seven minutes left of kicks or whatever and it's nicer.

She says this in the commercial, but the music is great and it really does help.  There are several worker-outers behind her - two are doing a modified version of the workout and the other ... four?  or so are jamming their hearts out.

It's super fun, it goes fast, and it is effective.  Chalene is very good about constantly talking about form, and about where you can work your abs, etc.  There are other Beach Body workouts available now (Chalene Extreme, Turbo Fire), and I'd like to try them but for now I am really happy with Turbo Jam.  Oh and I meant to say - I think that Turbo Kick, which they do at a lot of Y's around here, is either the same thing or similar to Turbo Jam, if you belong to the Y and want to try it in a group atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment