Monday, October 18, 2010

Cardio Slimdown - Leslie Sansone

It says the Cardio Slimdown is 24 minutes but it's more like 20, which was disappointing.  I have been doing Leslie Sansone's mile workouts since I was pregnant with Maria and she's 2.5, so ... more than three years.  I started with the one mile when I was pregnant and have gone up to the 3 mile in the last year or so.  I have plantar fascitis so I haven't been working out for a while now, except for these damned 100 pushups I'm doing, so I was sad to see the 3 mile is gone from Exercise TV.  I did this because it was the longest.  

It's a fine workout, she does it with four other people, two women my age-ish (42) and one guy and one younger girl.  I am not fond of workouts with other people.  In Sansone's 1, 2 and 3 mile workouts, she is alone, which is what I prefer.  I love Chalene Johnson and Turbo Jam and Turbo Sculpt but I do NOT like some of the people she has working out with her.  I should say, I just don't find them very motivating.  I don't think it's motivating to see fakety fake smiles and white man overbite dancing during workouts.  Shake it or don't, but don't be all hip hop if you're not, is my advice.  I also don't like when people OVERDO it.  It's not impressive if you are waving your arms higher than everyone else, especially if it's during a cool down. I'm talking to YOU, red headed lady from Cardio Slimdown.  

Leslie says it's about a mile of exercise, which didn't feel like enough for the day.  I did this and my pushups (49) and I probably should have done this twice to get enough cardio.  It's hard to start over again, though, right?  Once you've warmed up and worked out and cooled down.  I wish they had a longer option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment