Saturday, October 30, 2010

Walking (One Mile)

This is my last Leslie Sansone walk on Exercise TV.  Not EVER, or anything, but it's the last for this blog.  I have had a tough week and this one, on Saturday, is the first I've done all week, so that's lame.

The one mile is excellent, though.  She does almost all the steps that are in her repertoire, and you get just enough of each.  Although the pace is fast, it's not super exhausting or anything because it's short.  If you wanted to do 30 minutes of cardio, you'd have to do it again, though.  Leslie mentions this - she says it's SO convenient, you can just do it in the morning and then do it in the evening, to which I say BS.  I mean, it's short but you do get pretty sweaty, so unless you want to shower twice a day, it's not super convenient.

Leslie is so funny and polite.  She's alone for this workout, which I prefer.  At one point she says, "you just finished a mile!  If you were walking outside, you'd be a mile away by now.  But this workout uses more muscles than just a stroll outside.  NOT that there's anything wrong with strolling OUTSIDE!  I LOVE the OUTSIDE!".  Ha!  It's like some pro-outside walking group is going to sue her or something.

It's a good workout, but like I say, I rarely get a chance to workout twice in a day.  This workout is listed at 22 minutes, the 2 mile isn't much more than that, so I would just do it.  Of course, something is better than nothing, and her calling is so excellent that if you had never done an organized workout before, this might be a good way to start.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this workout, but I found the progression from it to the 2 mile workout to be too much! I guess because it's double, but also she goes from being so encouraging in this one to challenging in the 2 mile. Also, I am a wuss. :)

    ReplyDelete