Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Walk and Tone

When I was pregnant with Maria and had gestational diabetes, I did this work out a lot, or at least I thought it was the same workout.  It's not.  It's a short (24 minute) workout, segmented into walking or toning.  There's basically a warm up (with the standard four Sansone walking moves - walking, kicks, side to side moves, and knees up) and then walking, then toning, walking again, and toning.  It's the same four backup people.  She recommends that you use weights for the toning parts, I only used 2 lb. weights because my 5 lb. weights were upstairs and the girls were sleeping up there.  So it wasn't hard, but it could have been harder.

The music is just fine for this, it's got a good, easy to hear beat, which is all that matters, really.  Leslie adds a move in this that I haven't done before, it's a "walk and run".  It's the same as a step, step, cha-cha-cha move from aerobics, I think.

It's a good workout, not hard, but it's too short.  It would be a better workout if the time were doubled, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment