Thursday, November 4, 2010

Walking Cardio Sculpt

This is my favorite workout under Walking workouts, but it is the least walk-y of all of them.  It's an excellent workout, I wish I could do it every day but I am a lazy ass.  :)

It's Chris Freytag, who is excellent and cheery but not too cheery.  She is also by herself, which of course I prefer.  The workout is divided into four walking parts and four sculpting parts.  It's almost 50 minutes long.

So you do some marching and out-out-in-ins, some walking up and back, some squats, some jogging, some jump roping, some mambo-ing, some v-steps, ... I feel like I am forgetting something, but basically it's a few minutes of some low impact cardio.  Oh, you do some "skater moves", which are wide steps back behind your opposite foot, and some "power knees", which are knee lifts but you sort of hook-punch your opposite arm while you are raising your knee.

The sculpting parts are divided, so you start with squats and lunges, then go to arms and back, then chest and biceps and then abs.  They're all excellent, I use five pound weights but on some stuff you double up.  You could also do it with no weights, which I actually considered doing today, because it's been so damned long since I've done anything but it was fine.  Today I had already done 65 pushups on my toes so I was thinking of NOT doing the pushups but it was fine - now when I do 16 or 32 pushups as part of a workout, it's like nothing.

She calls it great, she is super easy to follow and she reminds you a lot of the right way to breathe, supporting your lower back with your abs, etc.  She is very motivating and kind and unlike a certain Biggest Loser meany that we will be talking about soon.  She never screams "I want you to feel like you're going to DIE", which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment