Sunday, December 12, 2010

10 lb. Slimdown - Yoga

This was, by far, my favorite of the 10 lb. Slimdown workouts and that's saying something, because I've really liked them all.  It's Vinyasa yoga, which is sometimes called 'flow', so you are moving almost constantly.  The workout is about 22 or 23 minutes long and its a great short yoga workout.  I was thinking yesterday, when I was doing it:  we used to have yoga classes where I worked and they were always 90 minutes long.  Obviously, at one-third the time, it's less yoga and it's a different experience.  I wouldn't do this workout if I was trying to get a whole yoga workout in - like including a deep relaxation at the end.  But I would count this workout as the same as the other 10 lb. Slimdown ones.  It's a good, tough, simple workout.

I wouldn't say it's the most complicated workout in the world, but if you've never done yoga before, you might want to watch it before you do it, or else be prepared to pause it a little bit.  Another thing I miss about doing yoga in a class is that usually the teacher can walk around and gently correct your posture if it needs it.  Form is super important, so I'd say it's a good idea to be familiar with the terms.  You do the normal yoga poses, like Down Dog, a High Plank, Cobra, all the Warriors, Chair Pose, etc., but if those terms don't ring a bell, I'd either look them up or watch the workout first.  \

And now I'm all finished with the 10 lb. Slimdown!  I am FAR from doing this daily, but I am determined to keep blogging about it.  If you're reading and have a comment, leave one.

No comments:

Post a Comment