Friday, December 17, 2010

21 Day Makeover - Cardio

Well.  I have been looking and looking for this workout on the Exercise TV site but I can't find it, nor the trainer, so the HELL with it.  I want to post about it before 1) I forget what happened or 2) my arms fall off.  It was HARD.  And to add to the difficulty, the trainer's little model is freaking Brooklyn Decker, the Sports Illustrated Supermodel.  Ugh.  Whatever.  She was all, "this is my favorite part!  My arms are getting toned!" and I thought, bitch, your arms were toned when this workout started.  But whatever, that is my own straightup jealousy so ignore it.

Anyway, this is a VERY intense 30 minute - well, 27 minute cardio workout.  There are three (three?  I think three?) sections.  You do 5, 10, and 15 jumping jacks, then side twists, then squat thrusts and in between you do 30 seconds of jabs and ... maybe 30 seconds, or maybe a minute of jumping rope.  Invisible rope, I mean.  You know what I mean.

The second section is mountain climbers, and ... something else, with the jabs and jumping rope in between.  The third section is jabs, but with dumbbells in your hands (I used 2 lbs.), oh! and these jumps that you do, from side to side, across your mat and back.  It's actually what I forgot that you do in the 2nd section, but you do a single in the 2nd section and a double in the third.  Then you do a square with your body, you jump from one corner of the mat, horizontally to the next, and you make a square.  All this you do in sets of 5, 10 and then 15.

There is a warmup but it's super fast and there is no cooldown.  I suppose Brooklyn and the trainer, whatever her name is, are going to continue on with the awesomely fun workout so they can celebrate their awesomely toned arms.  To which I say, whatever, sweater.

Honestly, it's a good workout - it's just hard as hell and I was trying to do it with my two girls all around my feet, and it was a pain.  I'm looking forward to the other ones, I don't know how many there are but I'm skerred.

No comments:

Post a Comment