Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Straight to the Core

Elise Gulan is the trainer for this short ab workout, and I guess if you live near Santa Monica, you could maybe go to one of her classes, according to her website.  I do not live near Santa Monica, which makes me very happy at this point, because I couldn't do this whole workout.

It's a Pilates-based ab workout, and it's excellent, it's just - I guess I am such a wreck, abs-wise, that I just can't maintain even the beginning posture for it.  So I did all of it, just sort of modified, with (gasp!) part of my shoulder blades on the ground.  I am hopeful that if I keep doing these workouts, I will get strong enough and not have these terrible cramps in my muscles that I get now.  Or, it could just be that I have had too many c-sections in too short a time and I will never recover.  I don't care - I'm going to keep at it, and see what happens.  I'm just at home, so if I'm writhing around in pain on the floor, I don't care so much as when it happens at the damned Y.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment