Tuesday, December 21, 2010

21 Day Makeover - Sculpting

That damned Brooklyn Decker is in this one, too!  Sara Haley is the trainer and she's very good, and I have to say, Brooklyn Decker is pretty quiet, so she didn't bug me too much.

This is part of a workout, which is annoying.  I wonder why they don't just show the whole thing, but I guess it's to get you to buy the DVD's, which ... I'm just never buying another DVD, people.  It's 2011, practically.  It's only 20 minutes long but of course it's hard.  It's all hard, I suppose that's why it's called WORKING out.

Sara does two long sets, involving working one side with lunges, squats, lifts, etc.  You hold dumbbells, I only had two one-pound weights but I bet it's better and more challenging with five.  After you do one set, you do a cardio portion, which involves fast v-steps and lunges, so you're kind of whipping the weights around, I don't know that I'd keep good form with more than five pound weights.

So you work one side, then you do a fast version on the same side, then do it all on the other side.  I actually did right-left, right-left, because I thought that was what we were supposed to do, and then after I found out I was wrong, I kept doing it that way because it was easier on my legs.  Wouldn't Brooklyn be disappointed if she knew!

That's it for the 21 Day Makeover, we'll start something else tomorrow.  I am afraid it's the Biggest Loser workouts, which can only mean ONE thing.  Jillian.  Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment