Sunday, December 26, 2010

Last Chance Workout

Ugh.  Rotten old Jillian Michaels and her Last Chance Workout.  It's 29 minutes long and there are many 'stars' from the TV show working out, too.  That Tara, who did the last workout I did, is there and some other people - some are obviously in the middle of the show and they do modified moves.

There are SIX (!) circuits, but they are short.  It's similar to the 30 Day Shred in that you do cardio and strength, but no abs.  For cardio, you do jumping jacks, with variations, like scissor kicks, jumping rope, with variations, and jogging in place, also with variations.  For strength, it's pretty straightforward.  I still haven't found my five pound weights, so I did this with two pounds and it was easy.  You work the regulars - legs, back, chest, arms, shoulders.  Also for the HARD cardio, you do those damned mountain climbers and prone jacks and then a move that does both of them.  Before the last circuit, Lovely Jillian tells you, "this is going to SUCK!".  I think of some of the other trainers I've seen, like Chris Freytag, who says "YES you can!" and Jillian just compares so badly.  She's always talking about getting good shoulders, so you can look good in a TANK TOP.  Aim high, Jillian.

BUT all that aside, she does talk about form a lot and she talks about doing the most with the moves, both of which I appreciate.  I enjoyed the workout and I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment