Thursday, January 6, 2011

360 Workout

I think maybe the Exercise TV options have changed for me, but I'm pressing on.  I think I just started something, right?  And I thought there would be more?  Now it goes from the Crunch workouts to the 360 workouts.  Oh well, this was fine.  Although, (she bragged), today I did TWO workouts.  I was going to do three but come on, who am I?  Bruce Jenner?  Plus I'm hungry.

So, the first workout is the cardio portion.  Holly Perkins is the trainer and she is excellent.  She's by herself, which I always appreciate.  She uses the term 'activate' a lot, meaning when you are lifting a weight, or making a movement, you can activate another muscle and sort of change what gets worked out.  A lot of movements can be made better and more efficient, for example, if you activate your abs.  Sometimes my abs are activated in the form of flopping around as I jump up and down, but that's my own problem.  Or special gift.  Ha!

The cardio is good, but you do some squats and lunges that I appreciate too.  I still haven't found my 5 lb. weights, I'm starting to think I don't want to!  She also talks about 'plyometrics', which is, I guess, the newest thing in jumping around.  It's just jumping from one move to another, right?  Maybe I am missing something.  I appreciate doing it, but boy do you have to be careful with your form.  Like if you are doing a lunge and JUMPING to the opposite leg, you really have to think about your knees.

The second part, speaking of my knees, is Total Tone and it has some cardio, but mostly it's sculpting, with weights.  There was one move that I stopped doing - It was like a jumping curtsy lunge and I felt something hurt in my one knee so I just did regular squats.  And I also slacked off on some of the ab work and just did a bridge, because I'm doing that 200 situp project and today is my day off.

The third part is a yoga part and I should have done it but I was hungry, so I made lunch.  As it is, I didn't get to eat it, since Veronica woke up from her short nap.  I can either work out or eat while they nap, and obviously it's better to work out.

So I'll try to add the yoga in to my next workout, and then I'll be finished with the 360.  This would be an excellent workout if you added up all three, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment