Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jillian Michaels - Yoga Meltdown

I was going to skip the Jillian Michael's portion of Exercise TV but I thought that would be bs, in a way, right?  The point is to do them all.  The dance ones I don't feel so bad about not doing, because I really do think they are better in a class environment but I know that the JM workouts are good, I just don't like her.  So I did the Yoga Meltdown, which I had heard good things about.  It's 37 minutes long and it's challenging, but doable and she never mentions tank tops or jeans once!  Win win win!

Anthony had sort of a breakdown during the workout but this is a fun thing about Comcast on demand stuff - if you start it on one tv, you can resume it on another.  So I started the workout upstairs in my room (which has hardwood floors so I didn't need a mat) and then I finished later, after Mike took Anthony out for a shake and an attitude adjustment (which worked!) and I got Veronica up from her nap and then went downstairs, got out my yoga mat (because it's carpeted) and finished the workout.

I am soooore in my arms and shoulders and I am very glad that I've done that pushup challenge, because I felt very strong during the plank stuff and there is a LOT of plank stuff.  Like a LOT a LOT.  It's pretty simple, but you would have had to have done yoga before and be familiar with the terms and poses.  Jillian has you "rep it out" when you start a pose.  For example, you do Warrior 1, and then you "rep it out" by doing sort of a lunge within the pose.  You do several reps and then you hold the pose for 15 seconds.  Like I say, it's challenging but doable and I could totally see doing this workout once or twice a week, even with the Evil Jillian at the helm. She looks great and is very pleasant doing this.  For once!

No comments:

Post a Comment