Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Gain A Pound - Bootcamp Body Makeover

I think I did all I can do with those Crunch workouts.  There was one stretch one that I'd like to get back to, but all the rest were dancey and I'm not interested.  So I moved on to the "Don't Gain a Pound" section and did the first one, Bootcamp Body Makeover.

Amy Dixon is the trainer, we've seen her before and I really like her.  She talks a lot about form and getting better and being healthier and she, believe it or not, NEVER mentions a tank top!  Imagine that!  I wear tank tops a lot, actually, so I guess that's what bugs me about so many of these bitches talking about it.  I suppose by their rules, I don't DESERVE to wear a tank top but whatevs.

So.  It's a good, but short, workout.  I would think that they are just showing part of a longer workout, but since you warm up and cool down, I don't think that's the case.  Anyway, this is two long circuits of cardio and strength work.  You do a little sequence that she adds on to and then once you have it, you repeat it a few times.  It reminds me of taking Aerobics back in the early 90's in that way.  That's not a complaint, I loved those aerobics classes!

You do some boxing moves, squats, lunges, kicks, pushups, crunches, the usual.  They are all very straightforward workout moves, no yoga or dancing involved.  It's a short but I imagine effective workout and it felt fine for me today, since I started my 200 sit up project today and I feel I have already worked enough, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment