Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Well, it had to happen, I had to do it.  I used to do this workout all the time but I stopped, I don't know why.

I mean, she's horrible.  At one point, she says about one of her worker-outers, 'look at these abs!  She didn't get these abs without hard work.  And there's not a lot I wouldn't do to have these abs'.  And I'm like, really?  Really, Jillian?  Like what?  She's too hyperbolic and she's just - I mean, I get that it's important to be in shape, I do!  But at this point in my life, I do not care about how my abs look.  And Jillian seems kind of mad about that, to me.  Also, not in this level, but in one of them, she screams, "I want you to feel like you're going to diiiiie!", and come ON!  That is not how I want to feel while I'm working out.  Let's leave that to the Crossfitters, shall we?

Anyway.  The 30 day Shred workout is comprised of a warm up, three circuits of:  three minutes of strength training, two minutes of cardio one minute of abs, and a cool down.  You are supposed to use weights but I suppose you don't have to.  I didn't, today, as I was upstairs and I only had one ten pound weight.  I mean, I did use the weight, sometimes, but like for the chest flys, I couldn't.  I think it's a good workout, I read somewhere on line that someone did the workout but just memorized it so they didn't have to hear Jillian talk and that seems like a good idea.  Because it is good, it's fast, and it feels effective.  I just don't like getting yelled at - not by my kids and not by some mean lady on the tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment