Monday, January 17, 2011

Piloxing

Holy crap this was hard.  I am not a person who does a lot of Pilates, largely because I'm scaaaared because it's haaaaard!  And I'm right.  This class is a mixture of Pilates and Kickboxing, which - ugh.  I am glad I'm blogging all these exercises because there is no way in HELL I would do this otherwise.

The trainer is Viveca Jensen, who is ... British?  Irish?  Who the hell knows.  But she's easy to understand and she was barefoot, which I like as I am often barefoot when I am working out.  I can never find my shoes and I don't have time to look, is why.  Anyways.

It's a short workout - the exercise tv version is 22 minutes.  But you do a good warmup and then the workout is pretty intense and it cuts off like this (snap!) and it's over.  You start with regular boxing moves - jabs, crosses, hooks, with corresponding legs.  Then you start the Pilates part and this is where you have to be tougher than I am to do it all.  For example, you do a leg lift, like to the side, you're lifting your knee up and tapping your toe on the floor for several reps.  THEN, you do the same lift but you don't put your toe down and - I - this is hard.  She is pretty motivating and clear and I could do it okay and THEN you have to hold it for some amount of seconds - 425?  50,000?  Okay, maybe eight, but man.  It feels long.

Like I say, it cut off right away so I just did some cool down type movements and I have to do my situps anyway.  I would totally get this whole workout.  It flies by, because you are so busy doing the punches and lifts.  It would take a while to build up to the 40 minutes of kickboxing, though.  I am weak.

2 comments:

  1. Brittany from Glee is obsessed with Piloxing, I just read: http://www.shoppingblog.com/blog/1141125

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I looked at it! I'm so hip! :)

    ReplyDelete