Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kickboxing

This was a 20 minute workout, with someone named Phillipe as the trainer.  It was great, it reminded me of boxing classes I used to take at New York Sports Club, my old and favorite gym.  The only problem is that it's SHORT.

So the warmup is like this - NOT A WARMUP AT ALL.  It's hard too.  You do these sort of moving planks, then you do a 'modified pushup'.  I take 'modified' to mean EASIER but this is harder than a pushup, you start on your belly and pushup your whole body and then come back down.  Oy.  Then you do some ... well, they are like mountain climbers, only you jump both feet in and out.  Some superman stretches are next, and then you do this JUMP move, you are squatting down, on the balls of your feet, with your knees spread and then you POP up to standing and back down.  Sheesh.  Warm up before this, is what I'm saying.

The boxing part is fun, you do some combinations, switch sides, then repeat.  So jab, cross, hook, uppercut, then you add in a kick.  THEN you do just kicks in a combination and then go back into an arm combination.  It's a good workout.  Then, just for fun, to COOL DOWN, you do what you did for the warm up.  I have to do another workout, so I can get some more time in today, but I am beat just from that warm up and cool down, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment