Monday, January 10, 2011

Billy Blanks Dance Something and Jackie Warner Total Body

OK so I tried to do this long Billy Blanks, Jr. Workout called Dance Something or Other.  It was 61 minutes long, and as I had just put both girls down for their naps AND because I started tracking points on weight watchers again today, I figured it would be good to build up some activity points.  Also, what the hell?  I should be working out for more than 30 minutes a day.  So.  I tried to do it.

But Maria was yelling MOMMY!  MOMMY!  WAIT I NOT TIRED, MOMMY! over and over and I had to go get her and I just couldn't concentrate.  Plus it was super hard, choreography wise - there was a whole hip hop section and I am just not very funky.  There, now that secret is out.  So anyways, I skipped out of Billy Blanks, Jr., and moved on past "Dance" and "Dance Moves" and went to Jackie Warner.

I like Jackie Warner, mostly but she is kind of a bitch.  All the time she says "My legs are burning, so I KNOW yours are at home!".  What she doesn't add is, "you fatass", but it's implied.  STRONGLY implied.

Also, and this was CRAZY to me, Holly Perkins, who I just did those 360 workouts with, is one of Jackie's model worker-outer-girls in this.  So!  Small world, right?

It's a hard workout and I am not just saying that because I had to do it with two small imbeciles running around and bugging me.  You do circuits of three exercises for each body part (legs, glutes, lower abs, upper abs, chest, back and arms) and then once you've done all three exercises, you do them again, all at once, for a "power burn".  So it's hard, it's just normal weightlifting moves, mostly, but she is interesting and she calls for good form all the way through.  Also, Holly Perkins does the 'harder' moves and she has another girl who does some modifications.

I look forward to the rest of the Jackie Warner stuff, even if she is kind of mean and implies that you are a fatass.

No comments:

Post a Comment