Monday, November 15, 2010

10 lb. Slimdown Blast

I still have one more 10 minute workout to do and I'm going to do it next but I wanted to do a longer workout today while I had time, so I started the 10 lb. Workouts.  I was VERY pleased with this, although I found it really hard.  It's Chris Freytag, who I like a lot.  She is very positive without being too fakety fake.  She says, like, "four more!  Because you CAN!" and she says "Yes, you CAN!" and it's not annoying, I think, well I guess I CAN if she SAYS SO!

This workout is three circuits that all have strength training type work on one body group, followed by 30 seconds of a blast! of cardio and then a 20 second active recovery period.  So the first circuit is squats (I used 5 lb. weights, if you used, like 10 lb. weights, I think it would get complicated doing the faster reps, but you could always stick with the slower rep), the second circuit is lunges and deadlifts and the third circuit is arms and chest and back.  Of course, you are working the upper body with the lower and the lower with the upper, but the focus is on the first listed part.  In between you do fast jogs, kicks, etc.

It was hard - in the last part you do a side plank with weight lifting and you could it with a) your whole body on the floor, b) your knees on the floor, or c) just your feet on the floor and I opted for a) although I should have done b) and I probably could have done c) if I had just concentrated.  But I was so tired and afraid of what was to come after the first rounds I was scared.  Lame!  But I'll do b) the next time and c) the time after that.

Verrry good workout, it makes me look forward to the other 10 lb. Workouts, kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment