Thursday, November 11, 2010

Strength Training

Holly Perkins is the trainer for this, she is a trainer from way back, I really like her.  This was a good workout but I guess I am fading because I thought it was hard.  You just need weights (optional) and a mat, which is nice.  I'm still mad about needing that stupid exercise ball for the workout earlier in the week.  Let it go, Joanne!

So.  You do giant 'sumo' squats, with weights, hip raises with alternating legs, some ab work, it's pretty varied.  She talks a lot about the point of the workout, which is to strengthen your muscles for running and walking, so you work muscles that will propel you forward.  It was interesting and immediately useful, which I like.

That's it for today - I think I am almost through with the 10 minute workouts, so it's time to mix it up.  I'm looking forward to it, I feel like I'm accountable to my friend Almeda for my pushups and this blog for the exercise tv workouts.  Whatever works - at this stage we are like three weeks away from moving and like six weeks away from Christmas and Oh Lord, I am glad to have just working out to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment