Monday, November 8, 2010

Abs and Back Workout

Amy Dixon leads this 10 minute workout, I guess actually it's almost 11 minutes.  It's hard, I just finished it, but I wanted to write about it and then go to two or three more 10 minute workouts while the girls nap.

It's a great, hard workout.  There's almost no warmup, so I'd do a few stretches and deep breaths before you get started.  I've been doing stuff all day, so I felt warmed up.  You do some ... well - you get on all fours, then you do crunches, by holding out your left arm stretched out in front of you, and your right leg stretched out behind you, then you crunch in in two counts and out in two counts.  She leads you through some "superman" type moves on the floor, including "flying", to work the oblique muscles.  You do a lot of crunches, some regular and then some obliques with your leg crossed over your opposite knee.  You do INCREDIBLY hard (to me) hip lifts (?) where one leg is crossed over the other, and you do a reverse crunch.  YOW.

I have had three c-sections and I don't know if that's it or what, but I get these incredibly painful charlie horses, but in my ab muscles, while I workout.  It stinks but I figure I should do workouts to get rid of them.  Maybe?  I find that if I do everything just right, and really, really concentrate on form, it doesn't happen so much.  As a result, I find these workouts really hard because I can't laze around with them.

She calls it really well, constantly reminding you to think about form and breathing.  Overall I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment