Friday, November 26, 2010

10 lb. Slimdown - Upper

I will never learn.  I thought I had done the lower portion of this workout, and the description says that it works your arms, bis, tris, etc. and I thought well good, because I am TIRED and I don't want to work out ANYWAY, so I'll just do an UPPER BODY workout.  Then, of course, it's Chris Freytag and she is always doubling up, so you do hammer curls but you also do lunges and then you stand on one damned leg to do your tricep curls.  But it was great, the power cardio things in the middle of the circuits (there are three, you do them twice) seemed short.  Effective, but short.  One of them, for example, is to start out with low impact jumping jacks, then go to big jumping jacks, and then power jumping jacks, where you clap your hands over your head when your feet are open and then touch the floor when they are closed.  It was, dare I say it, fun?  Chris Freytag really makes it work, for me.  I'll say it again, I think a certain TV TRAINER could learn a lot by not being so evil and demented.

This was the third 10 lb. Slimdown workout I did and I think they are all great but today it dawned on me, it would be really great to do three of them.  That would be a great weekly workout, say, to do the upper body, lower body and core.  Or either the upper or lower, with the core and the Blast! one.  If this wasn't available for free on Exercise TV, this might be a DVD that I would buy.  I really like the trainer, I can't even remember what the music is like, and she is all by herself for all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment