Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 lb. Slimdown - Core

Chris Freytag is the trainer for all of these, apparently, she has a DVD.

My core is non-existent but I still think this was haaaaard.  It's three circuits again, I guess maybe they all are - we shall see!  She just does a 20 second breath in between the circuits and it doesn't feel like enough.  I was in a hurry but if I had some extra time, I might consider pausing it a little bit and maybe taking 60 seconds.  For God's sake.

In the circuits, you do:


  • a standing knee lift, where you reach down to the opposite knee and then up and away, you do 8 reps slowly and 16 fast
  • a half-boat into a full-boat (ouch!)
  • bicycle crunches, only instead of crunching up your head, you lift your weights up and down, pushing out from your chest.  I used 5 lb. weights but you could use whatever you want, obviously.  
  • crunches, where you hold a weight in each hand and bend your elbows at a 90 degree angle.  You crunch in with the weights and then lay your head down and pull the weights behind your head.  I am still hurting from this!  
  • circular crunches
  • side plank lifts
  • isometric holds in the plank position, with alternating leg lifts, 8 each, twice.  GOOD LORD.
Here's what else you do but I failed at, today:

  • Mountain Climbers.  I'm just bad with them - I feel like I am too short or too fat or something and I can never make my legs go in as far as I feel like I should.  I did do them, just not well.  
  • I don't even know what to call this one - You're on all fours and you go up into a plank position and then you HOP your back foot to your opposite hand and repeat repeat.  Veronica came up the stairs and it was the last exercise and I just couldn't do it.  Am lame.  I will try next time.  My report is that it LOOKS HARD.  I did my 79 pushups before my workout today and I am too shaky, I guess.  
These are excellent workouts.  They're hard and I should probably do two at a time but I can't right now.  I recommend YOU do it, though, ha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment