Monday, November 8, 2010

Bootylicious Buns TWO

Oh good Lord.  Not only is this called BOOTYlicious BUNS, but I found out right before it started that, according to Exercise TV, it's the Year of the Tush!  Tush is actually among my favorite words for ass.  When I was little my mom used to say HINEY which still kind of mortifies me.  Anyways.

Stephanie Vitorino is the leader and she right away would like to thank you for making Bootylicious Buns such a success that she had to make TWO of them.  Hoo boy.  Whatever, she looks great and this is a super hard, enjoyable workout.  You only need a mat, you do squats, leg lifts, the usual, up until you do this damned inverted kick which was SUPER HARD.  First, you are lying on your side and you do what she calls a "clam", so your legs are bent, stacked on top of one another, and then you open and close.  This is not a hard exercise, unless you REALLY think about your glutes.

You know, ever since I started working out at home, it's been hard for me to do things hard enough to count.  In the gym, I am used to trainers or teachers calling me out on b.s. and saying I KNOW you can lift more weight than that, etc.  I used to take a class in NYC called Killer Body Sculpt and the teacher would, after a while, just come around and replace your weights with heavier ones, once she felt like you needed it.  Anyways, a lot of these leaders, like this one and Chris Freytag, talk about doing things right, and not cheating yourself.  It's a good reminder to me - as long as I'm working out, why not just do it hard enough?  Who am I kidding?  Who is benefiting if I don't do the exercises the way that I should?  NO ONE.  So.  Anyways, I like a trainer that does that, that talks about not cheating yourself and this woman does.

It was hard, I had to take a wee break with those damned inverted kicks.  Oh!  I meant to say, so you do the clams and then you do the inverted kicks and then you do them together, but Stephanie wants to SPICE it up so she calls this move the BOOM BOOM POW.  Maybe this makes some people feel better about it, but I am not one of them.  Still, an A+ workout, as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment